Throughout the years I've known and still have many Dutch friends, most of whom I've met and continue to meet in Tirana.
However, none of them have a YouTube channel that I know of, unlike my good friend Bauke.
I love the great job that he is doing posting about daily life in Tirana and around Albania because even this blog was initially started to try and bring that added perspective on this Albanian reality and life. I may have written a couple hundred posts about it, but people love it even more when they can learn and experience my reality via video.
He is so enthusiastic and positive and brings in such a positive perspective on daily life.
Well, check out this latest video of What to do in Tirana!
- Why Albanian’s don’t know street names, but rather use places / locations.
- Where to get the best ‘byrek’ in Tirana
- Learn about the clock of Tirana “Kulla e Sahatit” and its history
- Learn about “Pazari i ri” the new bazar (new market place)
- Learn about another traditional bazar “I cameve” (Cam’s market)
- Learn about eating “sufllaqe” (souvlaki)
- Learn about the communist history of Albania (BukerArt museum)
- Learn about the Mother Teresa Square
- Learn about the Pyramid of Tirana (enjoy the view from the top)
- Learn about the Bllok-u area (former House of Enver Hoxha); also a great place for a coffee break
- Learn about the artificial lake (Liqeni Artificial)
- Learn about the “Zgara Korcare” and much more